This week was the last official week that I have to go anywhere. I can finally just stay home and do what every teenager would love to do.... work. Ok so it's really not what we all would love to do during the summer but this month is the last month that I can work during the day and so therefore, I am booked. This last week Lacey and I (Ha ha!!! That's proper English and that doesn't happen often!!! Victory!) went to Girls Camp at the same old place that we always do... Darby. This was my last year (YES!!!) and Lacey's first (of many) girls camp. We did have a quite fun time and it really wasn't a bad way to end girls camp for me even though there have been a couple that have been much better then this one.... but it most definitely was NOT the worst :) I bought the gross hillbilly teeth at Wal-Mart so all of our leaders and my friend Lindsey and I (as YCLs we got them too) had teeth and we all had names... Yours truly was dubbed Bukweet (and yes that is how we spelled it) and Lacey was Yeller. Then there was Eunice, Spud, Homer, Bertha May, Mambi, and Black Velvet. We all made very lovely hillbillies especially with our teeth and accents. Ahhh good old girls camp I'm glad that I won't have to see you again.... at least not as a young woman. We also dressed up like 80s workout girls for our skit that I have to say that I quite enjoyed being an 80s girl... The big hair was very spiffy.... Here are some pics that Lacey took... they are just dandy..
| Me feeling very awesome in my 80s outfit... I was the workout instructor :) |
| Me as my alternate ego.... BUKWEET!!!! |
| Lacey in her 80s outfit |
ha ha I'm a dying at that pic of Sophie Kate and Seth, that's hilarious. you do look ravashing in your eighties outfit my dear, and buckweet would fit right in here in our new home...seriously those teeth are everywhere!
ReplyDeleteSo the red red on your face looks totally appropriate with your teeth. Loved your names...'cept for May. I LOVE that name. A lot. Wish I could have seen you in person as the work out instructor. PLEASE tell me you had leg warmers. Hugs Molly. Great post.
ReplyDeleteOh yes there were leg warmers!! It was Bertha May but we really just called her Bertha. May is a good month too especially since I know two of my favorite people's birthdays are in that month!!! Me... and YOU! HAHA!!!!
ReplyDelete